MSAL CORE VALUES
Please read the entire page
Creating an Empowering & Educational environment through Safe, Inclusive & Positive Experiences.
- Service: Lead by example, be there for others, and be open to new ideas. Create value that is more than the game, focus on experiences and future application.
- Strong Relationships: Be direct, truthful, & open. Be decisive. Respond, don’t react.
- Teaching Personal & Social Responsibility (TPSR): Help students learn to be responsible by giving them increasing amounts of responsibility and by carefully shifting a significant portion of decision-making responsibilities to them.
- Self Confidence
- As you start setting goals and taking small steps to achieve them you begin to empower yourself which leads to building both self-confidence and self-empowerment.
- Develop Skills
- Develop ways to cope with highs and lows of life (Social & Emotional).
- Physical Skills
- Sports concepts & rules
- Physical development
- Life Skills
- Problem solving & teamwork
- Feeling of connectedness and support, not isolation. Create a shared belief of community with group dynamics, and be tolerant of diverse opinions.
- Emotional / Psychological
- Managing your emotion, and the team’s emotions successfully.
- Being able to show one’s self without fear of negative consequences of self-image.
- Feeling safe in any situation & environment. While also being prepared as a coach for physical injuries to occur.
- Opportunity to participate while also providing high-level experiences/support/education
- Access to play, no discrimination. Introducing students to new people/places/experiences
- Physical, Mental, Social, Learning
- Teachable Moments
- Success/failure. Perspective. Perseverance. Teamwork. Responsibility. Respect towards coaches/teammates
- Outside Narratives
- Bringing personal goals over the welfare of team/players.
- Collaboration: a sense of community, playing for YOUR school, playing against OTHER schools.
Click the button below to download a copy of this agreement.
Interested in joining MSAL?
Learn more about how you can join our community of leaders